Welcome to Chef’s Kitchens!
Listen to Host Bill Radke and Reporter Eve Troeh ‘s segment on Chef’s Kitchens and Big Man Bakes’ Chip Brown on American Public Media’s Markeplace Morning report.
Chef's Kitchens is featured on the front page of the Los Angeles Times, as well as abc 7 news. ABC 7 video below.
Chef's Kitchens was featured on KCAL 9 news.
See below for video.
Chef's Kitchens was featured on KCRW's Good Food! Listen below for our segment.
Our five private Commercial Kitchens are located on Robertson Boulevard in West Los Angeles in one large building. This is our only facility. While our kitchens were designed to serve as a culinary incubator for artisanal foods, they have been used in a variety of ways. We offer chefs, cooks, caterers, cooking teachers, restaurateurs, photographers and production crews the opportunity to have part-time commercial kitchen use. We never close---our kitchens are available 24/7/365.
Our kitchens have been used by Farmer’s Market product vendors, personal chefs, event and corporate caterers, chefs doing recipe testing for their new restaurants and for cooking classes--- both professional chef training as well as teaching gourmet or ethnic cooking for home. Film shoots have included print and television. We have had cookies, vegan, vegetarian and organic foods, muffins, pastries and wedding cakes, tamales, specialized sauces, candy, toffee and fudge , fresh baby food, salsas, sushi, soups, ice cream, fresh fruit paletas, and even flavored popcorn produced in our kitchens!
Because of the enormous amount of time as well as huge expense involved in building a commercial kitchen, it has become almost untenable for a small food business to get off the ground. Chef’s Kitchens is the perfect solution! We are “the original culinary incubator” and were founded in 1984. We have had many successful food companies develop from our kitchens and sell their products to Farmers Markets, Whole Foods, Gelsons, Costco, Neiman-Marcus, and Trader Joe’s, to name just a few.
- Kitchens that are Health Department Licensed and designed for small retail food related businesses needing part-time commercial space.
- Kitchens to start or expand your food related business without the huge expense involved in building and equipping your own commercial kitchen.
- Kitchens that are equipped with commercial stoves, convection ovens, commercial mixers, refrigerators, freezers, storage shelves, and large stainless work tables.
- Kitchens that offer short-term or long-term part-time usage---and private use during your own designated hours.
- Kitchens where you can teach cooking classes, test recipes for your new restaurant, make your product to sell at Farmer’s Markets, do set-schedule catering, and more!